Super Sunday Yarn Swap Details
Uncommon Threads 2024 Super Sunday Yarn Swap
Sunday, February 11th, 12-4 pm
(Co-Sponsored by the City of Los Altos that is generously providing space in the Manzanita Room at the Los Altos Community Center)
It's the event you've waited for all year long! If you've been cleaning out your yarn stash, it's the perfect time to find those skeins a loving new home - and maybe adopt a few treasures from someone else's yarn basket.
CHANGES IN 2024
The Yarn Swap has become very popular in recent years. The spirit of the event is that everyone have a fair chance to take home free yarn.
For that reason, we're implementing a few new guidelines for this year's swap. Thank you in advance for following our NEW guidelines.
- Attendees MUST bring yarn and/or notions to contribute to the swap in order to participate. If you are not contributing yarn to the swap, you may enter the event after 3 pm.
- Yarn should be brought to the community center between 10 and 11:30 am on the day of the event.
- The swap will start at 12 pm once the staff has the opportunity to put all of the yarn and notions out and place it on tables. Once the contributions are out, we will allow attendees in to the room to peruse. Please limit yourself to one visit to the swap (no ins and outs).
- Attendees can leave with up to the equivalent of ONE paper grocery store bag of yarn/notions. See the photo below of the type of bag we are talking about. Please do not bring anything larger than a paper grocery bag (e.g. department store bag, large craft store bags, ikea bags, garbage bags, etc).
- Please be respectful of other attendees. No pushing or shoving. Be kind during this FUN event.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE SWAP:
- FULL, CLEAN, UNTANGLED BALLS/SKEINS OF YARN with original label. - bring only full, clean balls and skeins (minis must be tidy and not tangled)
- NO PARTIAL BALLS unless packaged with full balls of the same.
- NO RUG YARN or YARN OVER 20 YEARS OLD
- NO YARN SCRAPS
- KNITTING/CROCHET NEEDLES, NOTIONS & TOOLS ONLY in good, working condition. Winders & swifts ok.
NOT ACCEPTED AT THE SWAP:
- NO OTHER CRAFTING SUPPLIES ACCEPTED. No sewing, weaving, needlepoint, etc. allowed.
- NO BOOKS, PATTERNS, OR PUBLICATIONS
- NO FINISHED OBJECTS
Again, if attendees do not bring yarn they can come back at 3 pm to take a bag of what is leftover.
Any yarn left at the end of the swap will be donated to local charitable organizations.